Geotechnical Staff Engineer
Rockridge Geotechnical, Inc. has an opening for a full-time, entry-level Staff Engineer starting in the summer of 2024. Rockridge Geotechnical is a geotechnical engineering consulting firm established in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007. Our services include a range of geotechnical engineering services such as site investigation and subsurface characterization, foundation engineering, geologic and seismic hazard mitigation, and construction observation and testing. As our mission states, our goal is to empower our team to provide practical, economical, and creative solutions.
The Bay Area has a unique geotechnical composition, and the seismic history of the region creates even more situations in which our Staff Engineers will provide crucial information. The work environment is fast-paced, and Staff Engineers must have the ability to focus on multiple tasks while still managing deadlines. Tasks include written reports, meetings, site visits, etc. We also have connections with other premier firms across the industry, from civil engineering firms to architectural firms and general contractors, which allow our employees to continuously expand their professional network.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate field investigations, including scheduling subcontractors and applying for drilling permits
- Perform subsurface investigations, including directing drillers/subcontractors, observing drilling, and logging test borings and test pits
- Perform site visits to construction sites to observe and document geotechnical aspects of a project, including deep foundation installation, spread footing or mat foundation subgrade preparation, site grading and fill placement, and temporary cut slopes and shoring
- Prepare observation reports summarizing geotechnical-related construction field activities
- Prepare proposals for geotechnical services, including estimating fees
- Perform engineering analysis
- Assist with preparation of geotechnical investigation reports and construction special inspection letters
The most qualified candidate for Staff Engineer will have the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology with courses completed in geologic and/or geotechnical engineering, such as engineering geology, soil mechanics, and foundation design
- Related experience preferred, but not required, in construction special inspections, engineering geology, or geotechnical engineering (i.e., internships/previous work experience)
- Field experience preferred, but not required, associated with subsurface investigations and construction observations and inspections
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment on various projects
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Able to drive to/from project sites
- Paid holidays, vacation days, and sick days
- Employer-paid health insurance, including vision and dental
- Retirement plan
For confidential consideration please submit a detailed resume with cover letter to email@example.com. We encourage you to describe the type of work you want to do in your cover letter or correspondence.
All applicants must be U.S. citizens or authorized to work and reside in the U.S. No H-1 visa support will be provided.
Rockridge Geotechnical, Inc. is proud to be an equal employment workplace.
Job Type: Full-time (Permanent)