Geotechnical Field Technician
Rockridge Geotechnical, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time Field Technician. Rockridge Geotechnical is a geotechnical engineering consulting firm established in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007. Our services include a range of geotechnical engineering services such as site investigation and subsurface characterization, foundation engineering, geologic and seismic hazard mitigation, and construction observation and testing. As our mission states, our goal is to empower our team to provide practical, economical, and creative solutions.
As a Field Technician, you will be primarily performing geotechnical construction observation. A Field Technician performs many site visits, often going to multiple sites on the same day and documenting the work in each place. Therefore, Field Technicians must have great time management skills and strong attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform site visits to construction sites to observe and document geotechnical aspects of construction, including deep foundation installation, spread footings, mat foundation subgrade preparation, site grading and fill placement, temporary cut slopes, and shoring
- Prepare observation reports, under minimal supervision, summarizing geotechnical-related construction field activities
- Perform nuclear density testing on soil
- Serve as communication liaison between contractors and engineering staff during site visits
- Responsible for meeting assigned task deadlines
- Inform immediate supervisor or project manager about problems encountered during assignments
- Understand, apply, and oversee safety requirements in the field
Additional responsibilities may include performing geotechnical studies and analysis, as well as creating technical reports for a wide variety of projects. Field Technicians may also assist in training personnel on the use of field equipment or collection of field and/or laboratory data.
Our ideal Geotechnical Field Technician candidate will have the following:
- High School/GED
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and motivation in resolving construction-related issues
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment on various projects
- Excellent organization skills, attendance, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Paid holidays, vacation days, and sick days
- Comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bonuses and profit sharing
For confidential consideration please submit a detailed resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must be U.S. citizens or authorized to work and reside in the U.S. No H-1 visa support will be provided.
All applicants must have valid driver’s license and have a good driving record (must be insurable by company’s insurance policy).
Rockridge Geotechnical, Inc. is proud to be an equal employment workplace.
Job Type: Full-time (Permanent)